Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day...

We had such a fun Mother's Day!  Until the actual day I kind of forgot that I'm a mom now....pretty sweet deal to have another day for celebration!  We had a picnic in our back yard with my family, then met Chris' family at Hickory Park.  It was a big day for Will (only 1 1/2 weeks!), but he was SUCH a trooper, and we even nursed in public for the first time (a far corner of a Hickory Park booth)!  I was one proud mama. :)

Chris gave me a coupon book for Mother's Day.  1) A "Chris-quality" car cleaning - this is serious business!  2) A whole day without diaper changes  3) Breakfast in bed  4) A $50 shopping trip.  I've only redeemed the shopping trip so far, but believe me...I will SERIOUSLY appreciate the others when I use them!  Thanks babe!

My parents gave me a "Sweet William" plant and a poem that hung in our house while I was growing up.  It's a poem that we'll just pass around to each of us kids whenever we have a baby, because we all love it.  It goes...

Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait 'til tomorrow,
But babies grow up, 
we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs,
dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, 
and babies don't keep.
* I cry every time :) *

And last, Papa gave Will a wooden shoe that he had a friend make while he was in California.  It's so beautiful, and I love that Papa thought of Will so far before he was born!  It's been so neat to live in a 4-generation house, and I especially love seeing Papa and Will together.  It's very special!

Yummy fresh, summer food for our picnic!
2 Mothers this time!

We always make homemade cards...I like that tradition!

One of Nana's doilies, framed. 

My "Sweet William" plant.  :)

Sweet William and my favorite mommy poem.

Papa had this sweet wooden shoe made for Will - LOVE these pictures! 

The old and the new, so beautiful.

Mother's Day picture with my little sweetheart

Love this guy!

No comments: